Sunday 1 November 2015

November Challenge

Welcome to November

Our theme this month is jigsaw - (interpreted however you like).  There is a mystery prize for a randomly picked entry at the end of the month from all the entries complying with our rules.

Please take a moment to read our rules (below) before submitting your project:

Your project must be completed between 1st and 29th November 2015
Your project must be jigsaw inspired
To be eligible for the prize you can only enter into our challenge and a maximum of 2 others.

Here is how our design team were inspired
I used jigsaw pieces to decorate this little notebook (6" x 6"). I first covered it in pieces of old book pages and then used Gelatos rubbing them in to get a graduating effect. I added some stenciling (a new Andy Skinner stencil) and sealed the cover with Decopage. The jigsaw pieces were coloured using distress ink pads. I wanted the pieces to look as if they had started to fall from the top so randomly stuck them on, some over lapping each other. I added a walking bird (Octopode Factory) to finish off and then coated the book again in Decopage glue/seal. 


The theme "Jigsaw" can be explained in so many ways, so therefore I used this photo of the oldest kids, playing a (big) game of chess, because I think chess is also a kind of puzzle :-) ,  I using lots of bits and pieces from my stash, for more details you can visit my blog. 



The moment I read about the jigsaw challenge the first thing that popped into my mind was the pocket letters that I have been making recently ... So I decided to make a Christmas one that a lucky friend will be receiving this year!!!!

 
 
Entry is by the inlinkz button below
 


No comments:

Post a Comment